L Words provides comprehensive editing and proofreading services. Rest assured that in our hands, your ideas will be clearly, effectively, and professionally communicated to your target audience.
Choose from our most popular editing solutions to meet your deadline. Something not listed? Contact Us now and we'll do our best to accommodate your request.
L Words offers competitive prices for transcription of digital audio files, cassettes (mini, micro, standard), PC files, and web downloads.
Need something typed in a hurry? From your recording or handwritten document to our word
processor, expect speedy delivery and guaranteed 100% accuracy. Send us your hard copy via USPS, FedEx, DHL, or scan it and send to us with WeTransfer. Rates based on length of typed document.
*Transcription and Typing do not include proofreading, editing, or content analysis. May be combined with any other service for an additional fee.
L Words will edit any document (academic, business, legal, personal) according to the style guideline of your choice. Common style guidelines are:
- American Psychological Association Formatting and Style Guide, 6th edition
- Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition
- Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition
- A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, & Dissertations, 6th edition
Although a standard facet of General Editing, Formatting can also be requested as a separate, stand-alone service.
Review & Critique
A thorough overview of your work, analyzing both content and writing style for:
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Appropriateness for intended audience and purpose
- Plot/character development, dialogue, narrative, and point of view (for fiction critiques only)
*Does not include revisions, proofreading, or editing
Includes Proofreading, plus:
- Check for consistency in grammar usage Check for consistency in flow, style and tone
- Check for consistency in format and general formatting assistance
- Content analysis and reorganization
- Elimination of extra words and redundancy
- Revision for clarity, conciseness, coherency, voice, persuasiveness, organization, language accuracy and appropriateness, style, word choice Suggestions for clarifications/deletions to improve comprehension, flow, and readability
- Review of bibliography and in-text citations for accuracy
- Review of text for plagiarism (upon request only)
- Correct mechanical errors (spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, word usage, and other general errors)
- Correct numbering and listing
*Does not include content analysis.
Rewriting & Ghostwriting
Does your document require more attention and TLC than an edit alone can give? If your communication needs extensive work, L Words offers rewriting (changing large sections of the document) and ghostwriting services (complete rewriting of the document).
*Not available for academic editing.