How exactly do we do what we do? What are our costs? How long does it take? Answers to your questions are here.
What types of documents do you service?
We service an extensive range of projects, including (but not limited to):
- Employment Applications
- Memos/Business Communications
- Resumes/Cover Letters
- Works of fiction (novels, short stories, scripts)*
- Admissions Applications/Essays
- Research Articles
- Journal Entries
- Term Papers
- Course Syllabi
- Textbook Manuscripts
- Grant Proposals
- Conference Papers/Presentations
- Curriculum Vitae
- Small Business
- Cover Letters
- Email Messages
- Legal Documents
- Marketing/Ad Copies
- Press Releases
- Business Proposals
- Technical Manuals
- Annual Reports
- Training Manuals
If your specific project is not on this list, please Contact Us and give us a few details about what you’re looking for. If we are unable to provide you with a quote for the service, we will refer you to one of our trusted affiliates.
*While we would love to see your work(s) publicly circulated to high acclaim, and will make every effort to ensure that your work is of publishing quality, we are not a publishing house. L Words is affiliated with a publishing services firm and we're more than happy to refer you when your services have been completed with us.
What sources do you use for your work?
At L Words, we recognize the importance of being lifelong learners in our vocation, and as such, we never tire of looking for the next great reference tool. However, our select group of old (and some new) favorites includes:
- Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
- Elements of Style (4th edition)
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (7th edition)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition)
- Scientific Style and Format: the CBE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers
- Style: Ten Lessons in Clarity and Grace (6th edition)
- The Holt Handbook (6th edition)
- The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary (5th edition)
Can I get a quote before agreeing to your service?
Of course you can! Our quotes include rough estimates of the anticipated completion date of your document and the total cost before proofreading/editing (based on price per page fees outlined on our Services Page.
To Request a Quote: Complete our Contact form. Please be sure to leave us your information as well as a brief description and total page count of the document for which you wish to receive the quote. Next, provide us with your document via your desired method. Within 24 hours, you will receive a customized L Words quote for your project via the contact information you’ve provided.
What will my edited document look like?
Like many editing services, L Words ses the “Track Changes” feature of Microsoft© Word and Adobe© Acrobat to suggest changes to your text. All changes are clearly marked in red font. No permanent changes are made to your body of work without your approval.
- "Light" Edit – involves grammar, spelling, and punctuation correction in your document, as well as checks for fact accuracy and consistency. It does not include any discussion of plot or content of your document.
- "Medium" Edit – involves grammar, spelling, and punctuation correction, fact accuracy, consistency checks, and editor comments (either inserted into text or placed as notes after text) on plot and/or content of the document.
- "Heavy" Edit – involves all of the above, plus plagiarism check and attached analysis of document content as well as your writing style.
How can I be sure your editors will do a good job?
Our editors are experienced, committed professionals with academic qualifications who have met our stringent criteria for online editing. Our chief editor assigns each job to the editor best suited to the work involved. A rigorous quality control process is monitored to ensure timeliness, quality and service.
Irrespective of the level of edit, our consistent priority is that your document always retains your unique voice, writing style, and personality. Our experienced editors are particularly sensitive to the need for special attention in this matter, and are committed to setting an even style and tone that enhances but does not change your individual written expression. As always, should you be any less than 100% satisfied with your edited draft, we will redo the work at no extra cost to you.
*Note: resubmitting your draft will affect turnaround time. Work submitted for re-editing may not be held to the completion date indicated in your L Words quote for services.
*Note: L Words cannot guarantee good grades or other academic or professional awards/recognition.